SailNet Community - View Single Post - What did I do wrong?
View Single Post
post #62 of Old 06-08-2016 Thread Starter
Heller Gregory

Re: What did I do wrong?

I'm sure that's what happened is they got turned off. I couldn't seem to find anyone to come w/ me to check out the boat in the first place The main actually started ripping after my offer & that's when I looked into repairing vs replacing the original. It was way past it's lifespan, I was just going to have the moldy jib cleaned. They weren't willing to replace the main.

I do find the engine listing odd, it's a different engine w/ 450 hours, not 150. They said it was a typo, it's still listed w/ that engine.

The survey value, and the fact I really needed to replace the sails & lifelines (not just repair) was giving me a hefty to do list after the fact that would equal that $105k price (or more). These boats just don't sell for that, even w/ upgrades (everything was original on this).

I don't want to sound like I'm defending myself. I probably wrote this before, but there's a certain price where if I'm buying that old of a boat, having to put tens of thousands into it on top of that & then the continued maintenance for it - I might as well just buy a new boat w/ a warranty.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome