SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC 34 Electrical Mystery
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-20-2016 Thread Starter
Hush34

PSC 34 Electrical Mystery

So it all started when my bow light stopped working. Not getting 12 at the bulb and even more mysterious the power and ground wire are shorted to each other. The breaker doesn't trip so something is really screwed up.

I started at the bow and worked to the aft. Found a splice in the anchor locker had disintegrated and fixed that. Still no 12v to the bulb. When I repaired the splice I noticed that the wire in the anchor locker is Black and Red. According to the manual, I should have a green wire and a black wire. I checked at the switch and sure enough the hot wire is green.

I traced the wiring harness from the distribution panel into the bilge along the starboard side until it gets to compression post, then the wires appear to go up the post.

I cannot find where a splice was made to the green hot wire for the bow light and the existing wire that leads to the bulb.

Has anyone else traced this wiring nightmare and found where the unicorn and the splice are made????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome