SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do I get this boat in my name and registered?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-21-2016 Thread Starter
HMSVictory

How do I get this boat in my name and registered?

I bought a boat that wasnt registered or documented since 2009. Could swear I inspected the title before buying, but the previous owner must have pulled it from the file before handing it over. In 2009 boat was Fl registered and uscg documented. I have last documentation certificate and Bill os not notarized hand written. Last registration sticker still on the mast. When I called the FWC they said they had record of the boat, but that it was not FL titled and as a result they could not access records of the title at all. I know that it was built in Washington state , but left there a long time ago and has been in Miami for decades. I can not renew uscg without notarized bill OS and signed over certificate none of which was done and precious owner is not helpful. I can not renew Florida registration without his SsN. What am I supposed to do to get this boat registered and in my name! Seems like every route I try to take tag agencies uscg tax collector etc i hit roadblocks I can't get over

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome