SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pirate Girl Seeks Match in Vermont
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 06-22-2016
guitarguy56

Re: Pirate Girl Seeks Match in Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
They way the singles seeking companionship are treated here is just; atrocious! If you aren't single it's just wrong to make a joke out of any post were someone is seeking a friend/possibly more. Why do the MODs allow all the snarky, off color, sexually suggestive, "ok I'm married but" remarks? I'd never date a sailor!
Agree... 150% and more... I'd think there are too many single people out there sailing and if the interest is there you'll find them... definitely are not going to find any of them here on these forums, old salts, married salts, old non sailing farts... you get my drift.

I got together with my current wife of 32 years coming up in August of this year because I liked horses... met my wife at Palm Beach Polo and Country Club at the polo grounds in West Palm Beach as she was holding a polo players pony... I approached her (I was 28 and she was 21) and we talked, socialized, engaged 9 months later, we married in '84... I was in the Navy at the time but surely didn't ever want to marry a Navy woman... EVER!

Same here... there are so many other interesting people doing so many other unique endeavors, perhaps you may find someone you might just get him interested in sailing and the like... Got nothing to lose.

Last edited by guitarguy56; 06-22-2016 at 02:05 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome