SailNet Community - View Single Post - Weather or not
Thread: Weather or not
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 07-14-2016
zeehag
snake charmer, cat herder

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: Weather or not

this is a LA NINA year, and the cold current is stronger in appearance than usual. you can see it nicely in wunderground´s tropical weather anomalies page.
beautiful changes.
watch how the formations climb up the sw coast of mexico--more normal than last year with the hellacious strength the storms become when forming in in hot water. watch the patterning of sea surface temps and how those affect your weather. they do. the lil rowdy current s off south america affect the weather for the entire planet. our ocean here is a lot cooler than last year, which was a super el nino, which followed a ¨normal¨ el nino.
ok. if you donot believe in el nino and la nina, it is time to open your eyes, as it is a factual cycling of the weather--it is a pattern that has been ongoing for millenia.
this is our third in sequence not normal year of weather. you guys donot remember normal. there is no normal, merely not el nino and not la nina. that makes 2 years not in those cycles.
maybe.
as we are all SUPPOSED to be intelligent sailors, i donot understand how many can be so weather ignorant.
weather is your life on the sea. weather and more weather. (ask jeff hartjoy. he knows from weather.)
or just sail gom yer round... there is a lot of weather there.. is speed learning course... ha ha ha
i was taught when i first began to find sailing fun(1955), that weather is a part of sailing and that i best be able to know what is coming at me. experienced my first line squall before age 8. (cooooool) . we were taught to read seas and skies and act appropriately before **** happened. this was back in the good old days when prevention was key and captain went down with ship.
unlike today wherein all is disposable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome