SailNet Community - View Single Post - atomic 4 mini explosion
View Single Post
post #29 of Old 08-02-2016
oldlaxer1

Re: atomic 4 mini explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSVictory View Post
well it wasn't me but I was going to help. Partially in light of the responses of this forum, I did not help, as a result of lack of knowledge on the part of those who towed her, that boat was improperly anchored, dragged into a boat lift, impaled, sunk, salvaged at the tune of 25k to the city of fort lauderdale taxpayers, and they will never get it back no matter how hard they try. Im sure sailors and anchoring and all that got a bad name in the process. Would that have happened had I Been there? Absolutely not. But sailnet party poopers among other things convinced me not to go... anyway ets leave that topic at rest.

I'm a friend of the girls who own it, and I am helping her with the boat.

perhaps if the sailnet community is this time helpful rather than simply dismissive, rude or even wrongly accusative a few very nice and pretty in their 20s girls will not accidentally blow themselves up
My suggestion is to go to the forums at Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Engine Rebuilding and Parts and post your situation. There are some real Atomic 4 experts that are always willing to help sort out a problem. They will virtually adopt you and the motor if you follow their advice.

s/v Harmony
1973 Tartan 30 #186
Anchorage Marina, Baltimore MD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome