View Single Post
post #4 of Old 09-05-2016
Maine Sail
Super Moderator

Re: Battery recommendation for Crealock 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshrimpt View Post
All,

I want to replace my dual 200 Ah Rolls TP12-250 house batteries. I could go gel or flooded but more important is that they fit properly in the battery box. The Rolls batteries are the correct width and length, but they are a little tall to properly anchor.

Anyone found a brand, or group size that will provide 400 Ah total and still properly fit in the Crealock's built-in battery box?

Thanks,

Shrimp
Shrimp,

The PSC 34's have some different battery box configs, most likely due to the semi-custom nature of the build..

I have a 2000 34 that can only fit 1 8D and 1 G-31 without some serious modification. He really does need more Ah capacity but as you know space on that boat is pretty limited, without major surgery..

The comparable battery to the T12-250 in the Trojan line would be the the J185 Series such as the J185P-AC. If the batteries physically fit, anchoring them usually an easier task than finding another group size, and capacity, battery to fit. If you had an additional 1" - 1.5" of height you could even fit two Lifeline 6V L-16's which would also yield 400Ah.

If you had the space for three Group 31 batteries then you could opt for three Firefly AGM's and have 264 usable Ah's as opposed to just 200Ah's.

The Firefly AGM is specifically designed and intended to be cycled to 80% DOD where other batteries will suffer very, very short life if you do so. It is arguably the most sulfation resistant and sulfation recoverable lead acid battery currently being produced..

______
-Maine Sail / CS-36T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome