SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cetol Natural teak vs one part vs two part varnish
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-10-2016 Thread Starter
LinekinBayCD

Cetol Natural teak vs one part vs two part varnish

I need to finish a teak cockpit table and an integrated glass/bottle binocular holder. I have had good results with both the original Cetol and the newer Cetol Natural Teak finish. Our cockpit has built in teak lazzeretts that have been Cetoled and have held up well to being walked on any time the boat is used. However I was wondering that for a table I might be better off going with a one or two part varnish. My thinking is that the table will get more abuse from knives, forks, bottles, pots, etc. than the soft soles that the lazzeretts are exposed to. The table will be stored when not in use so UV protection is not a big issue. I already have enough Cetol on hand to do the job. A two part or one part varnish will probably show the grain of the table better. Does anyone think durability will be an issue? I'm sort of assuming that a two part varnish will be more durable than a one part or Cetol much like a two part topside paint such as Awlgrip but that is just an assumption on my part.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome