SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailor from Long Island
View Single Post
post #32 of Old 09-11-2016 Thread Starter
Goodwind90

Re: Sailor from Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by baywater View Post
YES!!!!!!
Chris Im thrilled to read your write up and hear you had a really fine trip! You had pretty much best case scenario ...Ive had two trips with sloppy following seas from Moriches to Montauk where the breeze coming up on reaching the lighthouse was a huge relief... Glad the Thumb worked out for you.
I lived on Block for awhile and treasure the experience. Compliments on your 28' and have a great September sailing...its the best time of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
Sounds like you are hooked Chris! Welcome to the club. Block Island is one of my favorite places. Anchoring can be interesting and getting a mooring in the summer is a challenge, but it's worth the efforts. Now you can explore all those other places - Newport, Watch Hill, Martha's Vineyard, etc. on future cruises.
Thank you both! I am definitely hooked and cannot wait for longer cruises in our area and even further. Thinking I'll need at least 2 weeks for the next passage so I can make it to Newport. Now, the trick is to find a new career path to allow for this lifestyle! It would be great to rendezvous with you Long Island sailors one of these days!

1989 Tartan 28
INTREPID
Great South Bay
Long Island, NY

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome