SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailor from Long Island
View Single Post
post #37 of Old 09-14-2016 Thread Starter
Goodwind90

Re: Sailor from Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Some fantastic photos in your dropbox folder Chris. You can look at the Milky Way anytime you want to now!

Sorry Hermine screwed up your plans but you did the right thing by getting off the water before she squatted here for a few days. Your mellow would have surely been harshed by the conditions we had.

It is good to build your confidence by first taking short-ish trips and you have done just that. Congratulations. Enjoy planning your next, longer trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
Fabulous Chris! WOW you really push it late! The westward sail sounds like one for the memory bank... Hold on to that one!

You need to get that boat into the sound and sail in Gardiner's bay... lot's of very lovely places in Southern NE.

Chris, stunning album... thanks for sharing!

CalebD, Thank you very much for the compliments and encouragement! I'm not too upset about the trip getting cut short because I was able to catch some of the awesome surf that Hermine left us on Long Island I feel much more confident after this trip and will be planning the next (longer) one soon!

SanderO, Haha yeah my girlfriend and I had to plan it around her changing jobs and it worked out perfectly.

I will never forget this trip, especially the westward sail home! After a few more trips like this (much longer ones) and participating in the Clipper Race, I am hoping to have enough ocean experience to purchase a larger boat in the Mediterranean, sail it back, and possibly keep it on the North Shore (that's my rough 5-year plan). This way, I can take advantage of all the ports and harbors of New England on a regular basis.

Thank you, SanderO, for all your helpful input and advice for this trip. I will be sure to reach out to for some advice on planning my next trip!

1989 Tartan 28
INTREPID
Great South Bay
Long Island, NY

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome