SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prescription medications in your kit
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 09-26-2016
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Prescription medications in your kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin-easy View Post
Sure, you can get medical advice, but that's only based upon the information provided by the person on the other end of the communications device. If you do not possess the knowledge and continued training in the medical field(s), it would be indeed difficult to provide even the most preliminary, basic information to a qualified physician on the other end of the line. Sure, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it.Gary
Well said, Gary.
Just like the rail on our boat is the edge of a 900 foot cliff, injuries on a passage are not acceptable. There's no cure needed if one is thoughtful, cognizant of their surroundings/actions and always cautious.
Again, sh*t does NOT have to happen!

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome