SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prescription medications in your kit
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 09-28-2016
Minnewaska

Re: Prescription medications in your kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
.....A doctor may require somebody to demonstrate that they know how to properly administer medications before writing a script for the boat.
Some may, but I don't think that's a regulatory requirement. I know there are docs that will write the script for cruisers and I believe it's perfectly legal.

Your previous scenario was administering to a third party. For cruisers, they would be administering to themselves. Yes, one could administer to another, but I think that's form over function, especially between spouses.

Quote:
Big time liability involved for both parties here, the ethics of first aid dictate that you not perform any treatments that you aren't adequately educated in.
Liability and ethics are far apart. Liability is a matter of jurisdictional law. Ethics are a matter of personal boundaries, which vary greatly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome