SailNet Community - View Single Post - Storage costs in FL
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 10-01-2016
shipshaper

Re: Storage costs in FL

In this ex-snowbird's ten "flights" between Chesapeake Bay and Florida 1990 - 2004, I've made several trips from Stuart to Fort Myers and back via the Okeechobee (Okee-dokee, I calls it!) Waterway. Passage is restricted by a 54' high level bridge at (~) mile 28. At mile 29 (from Stuart) is Indiantown Marina, and further along - below Moore Haven, is Glades Storage, mile 89. Both have vast storage areas on the hard - the latter was always rumored to have very reasonable rates. Bear in mind this was over a decade ago, so... I suggest going to google maps and viewing the entire route "from the air" - Jurassic Park may not be your cup of tea! Check cruising guides like Waterway Guide for the rest. Tip: Back in the day, there was a pizza place in Indiantown - Joey's Pizza - delicious, real NY pizza served up by a real NYer. How he discovered Indiantown eludes me - I'd love to hear the story! Also note that either is a "good" place to be in a hurricane - if there IS such a thing! Had plenty too many, meself!
The Following User Says Thank You to shipshaper For This Useful Post:
Flint (10-02-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome