SailNet Community - View Single Post - chainplate fabrication..
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 09-16-2008
L02314564
Itz That Eazy!!!

Try eMachineShop.com

I saw in an older post (not sure which site) about a website that lets you to design your own part or use one of their templates. They have their own CAD you download to design the part on. It seemed like a good deal so I gave it a shot.

The site is Online Machine Shop - Instant Pricing. I have used the program and it seems to be what you need if you are like me and enjoy building your own stuff. I designed a couple of backing plates for my chainplates using their CAD program with pretty good results . It allowed me to select the type of material it would be made from and the finish (Polished, brushed, plated...) Once you complete your design and select the materials, the program inspects your drawing for completeness and provides you with the actual cost to manufacture the part. The price was acceptable for a fabricated part and I got exactly what I needed. A cost saving tip: Put multiple parts on the same drawing. Then it becomes one job instead of multiple jobs. I discovered this with my backing plates. Saved me almost $200 .

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Edward
U.S.A.F. Retired
S/V Itz That Eazy!!!
1976 Catalina 27 #2684

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome