SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for Dufour Arpege
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 11-20-2016
Bluesmoods

Re: Looking for Dufour Arpege

As former Dufour Dealer ( Sold quite a few boats in North America), I know owners of the "infamous" Arpege. I will put the word out regarding a potentially interested "Buyer".

The Arpege was built like a tank. It is strong, reliable and a very good sailing vessel. Dufour built over 1500 of these reputable models till the late 70's. I met many owners at various boat shows, many of whom had stories to tell about how well this boat did in their voyages off-shore in some rather undesirable weather.

To this day, Dufour makes a truly outstanding boat, of course and unfortunately, remains much more popular in other regions of the world than in the USA. Nevertheless, I would put a Dufour up against any production boat, especially Beneteau types in superior quality, craftsmanship, fit and finish and can we talk "sailing" which is what the boats are really all about.

I have nothing to do with the brand at the moment as it is hard to make a living marketing and selling a superior boat with very little market share. Maybe someday when the company decides to truly take the market in North America seriously.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome