SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for Dufour Arpege
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 12-07-2016
fmueller

Re: Looking for Dufour Arpege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace74 View Post
Thanks Fmueller...........What do you like about the boat compared to "modern" boats? Also, what problems, if any, have you had with the boat that you think I may want to look out for when buying. The biggest concern that I have with one of the boats I'm looking at is the age of the engine. Otherwise, everything I have read and heard say it is a great boat.
What I like best... is that it is paid for[emoji12] .

I don't have a ton of direct experience on 'modern' sailboats from the last decade or so, but frankly i find the majority of the pizza slice shaped new sailboats to leave something to be desired aesthetically.

I'm sure they are delightful for entertaining and luxurious down below, but we find our Arpege is really wonderful, sturdy, reliable and yet not sluggish boat. It is not necessarily luxurious, but has everything we need and is great for our young family.

The only problem I'd watch out for might be soft spots in the cored deck (not unique to the arpege by any means). We are generally in good shape that way on deck but definitely have soft spots in the cockpit which we will need to address eventually.

Good luck. Have fun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome