SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let's see some CS Yachts
View Single Post
post #114 of Old 12-16-2016
Paul-Merlin
CS 36 Merlin

Re: Let's see some CS Yachts

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and came here after some vigorous googling looking for information on the Merlins. I bought my Merlin in August. I have even stayed aboard it for two months already, sailing it down from Annapolis to Florida November passed. We're headed to the Bahamas very early in the new year but had a couple of jobs I'd like to have the yard take care of for me. The forum won't let me PM any of you so I'd like to post my questions here for anyone to answer.

1)Has anyone had trouble with the rear transmission seal before? I have the Volvo 2003 28 hp and blew a seal just as we were coming into Stuart after our ~1000 mile journey. Very fortunate timing.

2) What type of port lights are used in the main cabin on the Merlin? I need to replace a seal but I can't find a brand name only what appears to be a "seagull?" on the handles. I believe that the port lights are 5x9 but after the third trip to the marine store I was unable to purchase new seals due to lack of information. I'm headed back to the boat soon but I would like to order/purchase the seal kit before getting back there.

3) We don't have an anchor windlass but I was wondering what size of anchor you guys use on your CS 36's T or M? I'm looking at upgrading to a mantus/rocna 35#. I currently have a 25# delta? plow with 85' of heavy 3/8th chain rode with 150' of nylon rode to boot.

4)What's the part numbers for the filters (fuel/oil) and v-belts? I want to stock up on these before leaving for the Bahamas for three months just in case.

5)What's some little known tidbits about the boat that have gotten you out of trouble in the past.

I love this boat, my girlfriend loves this boat and we're excited to finally find a CS community online to share with.

Cheers,

Paul

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome