SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.
View Single Post
post #3615 of Old 12-19-2016
Paul-Merlin
CS 36 Merlin

Re: Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.

Hello,

I'm from a small town called New Harbour, located on the island of Newfoundland, Canada. I grew up sailing through the Sea Cadet program and earned my sailing/instructor levels there. Later I found myself sailing on Contessa 32's at the College I attended. Once school was completed, my girlfriend and I decided to buy a 1975 vintage Sparkman & Stephens Northern 29 (which we still own). We sailed that beautiful boat all over Nova Scotia before delivering her to our new home in Newfoundland where we sailed her for three more years. We are currently the very proud owners of a 1988 CS 36 Merlin, which we bought in Annapolis, MD and sailed to Florida. We're headed to the Bahamas in a few short weeks and are surfing these forums in an attempt to soak up any valuable experience and advice that we can.

Looking forward to hearing as many stories and possibly bumping into some of you on our journeys (figuratively only...)

Cheers,

Paul

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome