SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC 34 aft water tank access
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 12-20-2016
Hush34

Re: PSC 34 aft water tank access

I have at PSC34 Hull 166. Don't have the locker you describe. Unless you can access the tank cover thru the bottom of the locker, you are pretty screwed. I am guessing that someone altered the configuration to make the locker and you should be able to unalter it if necessary to access the tank cover. The tank cover itself is over 70" long and is a bear to properly replace with the quarter berth configuration...I replaced mine three years ago.

I would suggest pictures then a plan. Many of the old covers are being replaced with Type I PVC because of it's strength and ease in handling. The trick is sealing with a good quality silicone and not having any leaks afterwards. I had troubles with areas around the screws used to fasten the cover. When you get the tank off you may want to seal all the existing holes with epoxy and start fresh.

Last bit of news....if the cover is the original one from the factory, you will have to replace...the old ones made of plywood with a gel coat backing are simply delaminating. It isn't a hard project it is a bit time consuming though. My two cents. Take care and have fun.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome