SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC 34 aft water tank access
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-22-2016
elliowb

Re: PSC 34 aft water tank access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmueller View Post
I have attached a few pictures of the interior storage behind the nav station. After looking at situation a little closer last night, i have realized that replacing the tank lid will be more of a project than i want to do at this point. I will most likely seal the cracks I see thru the inspection port to verify the location of the leak. if the sealing works, I will plan out how to replace the tank lid without cutting out the forward bulkhead of the lazzerette. If not, I will look at ways to replace the lid in pieces or remove the portion of the lid in the lazzerette which should allow enough access
That does look like a factory install. And it doesn't look like you'd be able to get the lid off without damaging the aft bulkhead.

If the leak is back aft, you might be able to cut that portion of the lid off (from inside the starboard cockpit storage area) and reinstall with a new piece of PVC cut to the same dimensions as the old portion of the lid that you remove. Attach a cleat to the underside of the existing lid and that would be a good landing spot for the new PVC, possibly add another cleat on top for extra strength.

FWIW, I'm attaching a picture of the tank with the lid off. I removed the lid on mine last season. It was a pain getting back into that small area, so having access from the cockpit may actually be a benefit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0011 600.jpg (251.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by elliowb; 12-22-2016 at 11:36 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome