SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bimini
Thread: Bimini
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-29-2016
Minnewaska

Re: Bimini

Other than avoiding hurricane season and bad weather for the passage window, I'm not sure there is a particularly right month. Bimini is not all that far, so you can pick a safe window.

That said, I truly like the Bahamas in the summer. They are warmer, less populated and the water is generally calmer (sans that forecast for 9-11ft with occasional 14ft and 7 sec period, which would be horrific!). I highly prefer the out islands, which is why I say less populated, not less crowded. They are never crowded. In fact, I refuse to ever return to Nassau or Freeport. I've been to Abaco, Andros, Long Island, Cat Island and Exuma. Each had it's own charm and lifetime memory.

The only issue is being able to get back to FL, in time, to be hauled for a hurricane. I've taken my chances in June/July and won a few times. I would not push it later, unless I really knew how I was going to secure the boat and get out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome