SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alright, I hope I don't get clobbered here
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-01-2017 Thread Starter

Alright, I hope I don't get clobbered here

I know this is a long shot but I would like to ask this community if they think I might be too old to start sailing and living on a boat as a useful crew member. I am a 67 year old woman, with no sailing experience BUT, I have lived around and been on many boats my whole life. I am healthy and live a pretty holistic lifestyle. I have mostly sailed in the SF bay and lived in and around Sausalito, Ca for the last 40 years. Presently I live in Florida. I am not a deck hand and almost always was on board as a guest. It has always been my dream -however- I never had the opportunity to live it because I got married and raised a child who passed on while in college. Presently in my life, I am a widow and thinking that this might be the time to take a look at life at sea. Of course I would have to find a boat owner that would allow an older newbie to learn the ropes. This could be wishful thinking on my part and that is where I need your community advice. It is either live my dream if I can, or just live out my life on land waiting like everyone else for the end to come. Do you think I am over the hill and perhaps should just give up this idea?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome