SailNet Community - View Single Post - Change Out Tiller for Wheel & Binnacle
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 01-09-2017
Jeff_H
Administrator

Re: Change Out Tiller for Wheel & Binnacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Raider View Post
To be able to sit aft amidships. I don't own the boat but I am considering buying it. The responsive helm seems to be a significant positive attribute with this Seafarer.
I am not sure in what sense you are using the term 'amidships' (i.e. traditional half way between the bow and the stern. Or do you mean on the transverse centerline of the boat.) If in the traditional sense, a tiller will move you closer to half way between the bow and the stern so you will be better able to see your sail trim. If you mean the transverse centerline of the boat, that is only good for motoring. Ideally, you will want a tiller extension which puts you outboard so you can see better and better reach the controls.

But anyway, as others (and I0 have suggested, it does not make any sense to put a wheel on a 26 footer.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome