SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 27 interior space?
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 01-16-2017
Barquito
Barquito

Re: Bristol 27 interior space?

The B27 is a fairly narrow boat (compared to modern boats). It also has nice overhangs on the bow and the stern. This gives the boat it's nice lines, and helps with some sailing characteristics. However, this also means that there isn't as much room inside as there would be with a wider beam, and longer water line. I am 5'11" and can stand perfectly upright going from the bottom of the companionway to maybe the first bulkhead. I need to duck a little getting into the head area, and the v-berth area. Realize, however, that in some ways headroom is not an absolute. On my Cataline 22, I needed to hunch over to do anything. I got a sore back with some activities. On the B27, I can't stand fully upright, but, only need to drop my head a little up front. It doesn't seem to bother me much. Because the headliner is smooth, when underway, I sometimes brace my head against the ceiling as a third point of support. I think you will find that 27' is about the lower limit for a boat that has standing headroom.

Valiant 32

Last edited by Barquito; 01-16-2017 at 11:22 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome