SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Epoxy Paint for Black Iron Fuel Tanks
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 03-12-2017 Thread Starter
obelisk
1982 Skye 51

Re: Best Epoxy Paint for Black Iron Fuel Tanks

albrazzi,

yes, inspection ports and the tanks are in fine condition inside. pickup and returns will be set apart 18" but space limitations mean that they cannot be on opposite ends of the tank.

selkie,

i read up on POR a bit and, as the tans will be sandblasted prior to painting, decided that is not the proper product. i kept coming across this statement: "Do NOT remove it all as the rust will activate the paint. This paint does not really like new smooth clean paintwork and works best on the surface rust to bind to it." seems strange but enough to make me pass on POR.

These tanks are not low in the bilge and (should) never sitting in water but, since they won't be back out for a long time, I want a finish I can feel good about. I have a connection but have read poor reviews for Pettit Easypoxy, anyone here have experience with this product, good or bad?

"The notion of life implies a certain absoluteness of self-enjoyment." -Alfred North Whitehead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome