SailNet Community - View Single Post - Record Breaking Circumnavigation
View Single Post
post #20 of Old 03-23-2017
chip
Fortuitous

Re: Record Breaking Circumnavigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedawg View Post
Whatever happened to that Rimas guy?? I remember reading through about fifty pages on SA, and that was only when he arrived in Frisco, having been blown slightly off course from the Horn, or something like that.

Did he make circumnavigation for magnificent by sailing world record and write book??
Free Boat #1: San Juan 24 Cesura. Wrecked in Alaska and abandoned.

Free Boat #2: San Juan 24 Pier Pressure. Drifted to American Samoa, called for help to get towed in, and abandoned the boat.

Free Boat #3: Rawson 30 Mimsy. His anchor line chafed through and was unwilling or unable to start the engine or SAIL THE BOAT. He drifted from Sausalito, through the Golden Gate, out into the Pacific Ocean. He drifted down to Monteray Bay and remembered that he had a radio, where he called for help. The Coasties towed him in to Monterey, where he got a couple free days of emergency mooring. Then the harbor master told him that he had to either get out or start paying, so he [obviously] got towed out again and drifted to Hawaii, where he has officially abandoned boat #3.

"I moved to my friends house ! No anymore living on the sailboat, more room and more quite place too."
31 January 2017

https://sailingfortuitous.com/rimas-adrift/

My Boat Log, or "blog" if you will:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome