SailNet Community - View Single Post - Converting swing board trailer to wing keel trailer?
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-29-2017 Thread Starter
ColoGuy
GreenasGrass

Re: Converting swing board trailer to wing keel trailer?

Thanks again, I've been to San Carlos looking at a boat. 250 miles into Mexico is doable though I'd like to find something closer. The vast majority of their boats are unaffordable. I'm a "less than $5000" prole rather than plutocrat.

May have found a way to adjust existing trailer. Replace the adjustable 21" long and 1/2" thick plates with plates that are ~5' long and very well braced. I have "professional cobalt drilling gear" so I should be able to make accurate drill holes after the boat is pulled. Still very concerned with quality of cross bracing. A boat that sits that high could deliver significant "whiplash" energy.

Not going to keep the boat in California. That area is almost 1300 miles away. California offers spectacular beauty, however I am diametrically opposed to "California politics." I just can't stand it beyond a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisscross View Post
If you want to keep the boat in Sea of Cortez, it makes more sense to buy a boat that is already there. One dealer example: Sailboats for sale in MexicoHow often can you sail there? With this boat maybe it makes more sense to keep it in California?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome