View Single Post
post #30 of Old 03-31-2017 Thread Starter
Ajax_MD
Chastened

Send a message via Yahoo to Ajax_MD
Re: Save "Keep Turning Left!"

Hello everyone,

Here is the status of the Keep Turning Left fundraising campaign:
The GoFundMe campaign is suspended and all monies are being refunded to the contributors.

Why: My goal was to fund one year of overhead so that Dylan Winter could keep sailing and making his marvelous movies for us to enjoy.
What: I did not properly coordinate with Dylan, and he decided on a different plan that requires a different boat for sailing in the higher latitudes.

I did communicate this to the members to clarify the situation and people continued to contribute to Dylan's Paypal account and to the GoFundMe account anyway, to support the venture. When I attempted to transfer the GoFundMe funds to Dylan, he graciously refused.

Dylan is concerned that I wasn't clear enough about the purpose of the funds (purchasing a boat better suited to the area instead of one year's operating expenses) and that people may have contributed due to a misconception of how the funds were to be used. Dylan is scrupulously honest and requests that the money be refunded for that reason.

The GoFundMe campaign is closed, please do not send any additional money there.

Dylan is still accepting donations *if you are entertained by his films*. Please contribute directly to his Paypal account at: [email protected]

Mods: Please close this thread.

Alacrity, 1981 Tartan 33 #168

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome