post #3 of Old 04-03-2017
eherlihy
Learning the HARD way...

Re: Pacific Seacraft Orion

Here's another Orion owner;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshugart View Post
Hi All,
We have been contemplating on selling*our 1983 MkII* Orion now in Port Charlotte, FL, but flip flop often for many reasons.* Taking new folks out for a sail today.* I have medical joint problems.
So I would like to know what you think of my boat with the various equipment it has (upgrades or next level unit) and what you think it should sell for.* Ok, here is what the key points are:
** "A" salon*configuration with wrap around dinette seating
** New 3ym30 Yanmar in 2006* ( I know having the 30 hp is*a rare find)...it strongly powers thru anything
** New*"Elliot Pattinson" California sails 2013 (main, 125 jib, and staysail)
** New C350 Profurl roller furler (next size)...several $$$ thousand total install refit
** New running and standing rigging 2013 and new chainplates 2016
** Quick disconnect "lever arm" inner forestay for staysail ($785)
** Whisker pole attached to mast front track
** Rigid 2' boom vang (don't need a topping lift like the big boys)* $625
** Achilles dingy and Honda 2.3Hp 2013
** Sailomat wind vane
** Dodger and attached unique awning/bimini
** Manual anchor winch
** Raymarine Autohelm 2000 (with spare actuator), Raymarine GPS-Chartplotter--Radar
** Depth and speed gauges
** Bottom painted 2016
** Refrig and*power water and hot water
** New cockpit cushions 2016 by CCushions INC out of Texas ($1000)
** EPIRB ACR Global Fix unit plus a personal ACR unit for the life jackets
** 25 lb cqr and new Rocna*Vulcan 12kg (26 lbs)...best available
** 2013 mast and boom blasted and repainted white* ($3550)
** Two plastic* dorade vents replaced with chromes bronze ($750)
** Burgundy cabin/v-berth cushions are velvet and look new
** Two 80 watt solar panels* (one needs the elect connection box to just*reclamp the terminals/connections)...no big deal.
** Mast lightning protection...spiney rod thing and grounding rod (?)** $
** Sailboat shroud radar reflector
** Custom bug netting for ports and main entry hatch.
** Wheems and Plath wall brass classic clock etc units
** AM/FM CD cabin player
** Jabsco 2013 Twist-n-Lock Compac Head with 2017 new*pump assembly ( I broke it)

The main thing left to do is do a teak cleaning and*re-oil or re-varnish.* There is no wood rotting anywhere like on some old*PSC boats I've seen.*The boot stripe and waterline looks*weathered but OK....some might want to have that repainted.* I only polished and waxed it with various compounds.* The two cabin hatches are clouded with age....haven't tried to polish them yet like with Flitz.....low priority.

There is much more but you get the picture.* This boat is ready for serious*cruising which is exactly what the two previous California owners had intentioned.* It does not have a staysail*boom or foredeck track.* And the only lines led to the cockpit cabin top are boom vang and* mainsheet.* All others are on the mast with winch.* It does not have a built in heater.* Has an Origo alcohol stove/oven.* Has 3 batteries....12v starting and pair of 6v deep cycle house.

Look forward to hearing*what anyone thinks.* I was guessing $52.5????????
Jim Shugart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, US/Sailing BKB and ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also ABYC certified in Marine Electrical Systems,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome