SailNet Community - View Single Post - Water based anti-fouling in the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #67 of Old 04-05-2017
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Water based anti-fouling in the Chesapeake

Rick,

No one wants to put you on ignore for expressing your opinions nor should they. My opinions based on the facts : things I have seen are why I posted what I have. I have seen boats misshapen after spending a winter on jackstands. I have experienced the "tuning fork " phenomenon on my own boat on the land. I think people want to hear from other sailors on here and their experiences even if they are different so they can determine what they want to do for their own boats. There is no need to defend your actions or what you do what you do for your boat when I or someone else poses a contrary or dissimilar way of handling things.

After receiving many opinions you decided you were sticking with what brought you here. You have you reasons and there is no right or wrong only what's right for you and others can / will decide what's right for them when it comes to deciding bottom paint or whether to haul and reprint every year.

Many times threads do morph and other things are discussed related. Just because you start a thread doesn't necessarily mean you control it. We all have seen that happen where a thread morphs . Many times the more is relevant to those who are posting and also exposed paralllel or other issues telating to the main topic. In this case the revelance was apparent as many chimed in.

Very few of us have a deal as you do for a $400 hsul
Haul out and launch. We could travel 55 miles on way to the Deleware River but we don't . For us it's still cheaper to just stay in our slip. Checking on our boat once a month is no big deal and we are usually doing projects year round anyway. Intuitively I doubt that's it's less dangerous to be on land but you say there are insurance statistics so maybe you can share your references. I always like seeing metrics on decision making.

It's good you have reaffirmed your decision to stay with what you have. It's is also good others chimed in with their opinions and practices so as to share with newcomers as well as seasoned sailors on Sailnet. All is good🤘🤘🤘😄😄😄😄

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome