SailNet Community - View Single Post - Water based anti-fouling in the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #68 of Old 04-05-2017
MastUndSchotbruch

Re: Water based anti-fouling in the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
My purpose in starting this thread was to discuss some different paint options than the standard paint lines that everyone is always pushing. I had sworn by Ultima SR-40/WM PCA Gold before, but my new boat and new location were an opportunity to consider alternatives. I'm not suggesting that anyone should do what I am doing, but I also think it's healthy to reconsider one's cherished beliefs occasionally. I re-think all the options every time I paint.

Seeing that Nautical ProGuard Ablative had never been mentioned on Sailnet, and never been reviewed in Practical Sailor or any other major publication, I thought you guys would be interested in hearing about my good experience with it so far. If not, then just put me on ignore.
I for one certainly appreciate the information. In particular since it comes from someone (you) who knows a lot more about paint formulations than I do, and who is able to competently chat with paint sellers.

I won't use the Nautical ProGuard paint this time since I already have my bottom paint in the basement (always buy it in the way-off-season when it is cheaper). But I will certainly give Nautical ProGuard Ablative a try at the next haulout -- in two years!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome