SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2017 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #530 of Old 05-22-2017
RickGUSVI

Re: 2017 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

We left HHN Friday early and had a frisky sail across the bay to St. Michaels. There were four boats anchored off of St. Michaels. We took the water taxi in and had a great meal at Awful Arthurs with Oysters, steamed clams and tuna. We had been watching the weather radar and headed back to the boat by 8PM. Quite the light show before the rain came and we saw gusts over 30kts. The Rocna was well stuck.

Saturday we popped over to Wye River East and settled into Shaw Bay early for our first visit. We were the only boat for a couple of hours, but we had a half dozen boats by dusk. We had been having a bit of vibration under power since our refit and I dove the prop to make certain it was clean. Clean, zinc intact and no play on the shaft as far as I could tell. We are doing a short haul on Wednesday to have the shop that did our refit, Zimmerman Marine, have a look and try to diagnose the vibration. They did engine mounts and alignment, so I was expecting smoother rather than more vibration afterwards.

Sweet Christine's birthday was Saturday, so I made a Red lentil curry with coconut milk and zucchini. She enjoyed her bottle of Tattinger champagne while I cooked dinner.

We had a lazy Sunday and a lazy sail downwind to HHN. It was a nice quiet long weekend.

For Memorial Day weekend we are going to entertain our first guests on Echoes. My daughters are looking forward to some sailing and play time.

Cheers, RickG

RickG & Sweet Christine
S/V Echoes - 2003 Beneteau 423
Deale, MD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome