SailNet Community - View Single Post - cs 36 merlin mast replacement
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 07-01-2017
FreeAgent

Re: cs 36 merlin mast replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
Roughly where is the mast in Canada ? there are a couple of rigger shops in Ontario that are very familiar with these masts should you choose to have mods made prior to shipment. Peter Tielen, owner of Holland Marine bought all factory inventory when CS closed the doors and still has an extensive inventory. He also has a Merlin (heavily modified) and is a bit of a CS fanatic.
It's true that Holland Marine have some surplus hardware from CS. But unless by some chance they acquired a matching mast section, the only sources that I am aware of are EB Spars in Canada and RigRite in USA. There are rigging shops in Ontario, but they would have to source mast from Isomat dealers.

US$2500 to ship mast from Rhode Island to Florida is a bit steep but understandable if by common carrier. May be not much more to ship boat to Montreal using Canadian trucker and have EBSpars do the work there! That is , IF they have a mast section.

By the way:
Quote:
Isomat and Francespar masts were the two large French Spar manufacturers of the 70's and 80's and there are still a large quantity of these masts spread far and wide around the world.

These masts were built for many of the large european yards such as Gibsea, Jeanneau, Beneteau, First, Dufour, Island Packet, Malo and many others.

Isomat and Francespar were merged and re named to form what is today's Sparcraft.
Definitely a sourcing and logistical puzzle! Been there myself when my Isomat mast broke. Replaced with different make.

Last edited by FreeAgent; 07-01-2017 at 06:09 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome