SailNet Community - View Single Post - cs 36 merlin mast replacement
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 07-01-2017
FreeAgent

Re: cs 36 merlin mast replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboats View Post
Right FreeAgent 2500 is too much so I put it out on USHIP for bid , lets see what we get. Broke your mast on your 32 ? ..how did it happen ? . Seems like this one broke too easily ! Another sailboat out of control took out her shrouds and front stay with Its boom . bent it right over at the top spreader 13 ft down. Was going to sleeve it till I found damage lower down at the lower spreader , well two sleeves are one to many. In my books one it bad enough and should be avoided .
The one I broke was on an earlier racing 30 footer. Was at one time in rigging business too, so been through this kind of thing for others too.

Did you find out if that rig-rite section already had welded based for single spreader rig? If so, not ideal and you may want to keep looking.

Sleeveing on Isomat mast may be a bit of a trick. Anyway, you have ruled that out.

You might find that Sparcraft or US Spars can ship a mast to Florida from Europe for reasonable price? By the way, i believe EBSpars are the Sparcraft agent in Canada - makes sense since Isomat became part of Sparcraft.

Sorry for all comments - Just something I used to be involved in.

Last edited by FreeAgent; 07-01-2017 at 08:26 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome