SailNet Community - View Single Post - LOA vs LWL, looking for a boat
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 07-23-2017
miatapaul
Old enough to know better

Re: LOA vs LWL, looking for a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Jer View Post
Well looks like we sold our Nor'sea 27. I've been looking at the Brewer 12.8, Bristols, Pearsons center cockpit with center boards and they all look fine on Yachtworld but the boat that has really caught my eye is a Moody 419. She has 3 cabins, CC and board and mast height is acceptable. What we need to do is line up several boats that are in out price range with the desired features then go see them. Are all boats for sale by brokers on Yachtworld? I want to limit the search to the east coast and gulf coast. Also is it normal for the broker not to answer email questions? Any comment on the Moody?

Well a good broker will respond within a day to any emails. If it is the boat in VA on yachtworld then it does look like a lot of boat for the money. Perhaps the broker's email is as bad as his photography skills. Color correction in those photos is abysmal. My biggest concern would be that Thornycraft engine. I believe it is based on a Ford diesel that was never offered here so parts may well be hard to get, and not just expensive (a pain but not always that big of a deal) but could take a long time to get here, as in months. Not bad if you order something as a backup part but you could miss out on a good part of the sailing season waiting on a part. Apparently they are prone to osmosis as well, so be sure to check that out.

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!

Last edited by miatapaul; 07-23-2017 at 10:42 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome