SailNet Community - View Single Post - LOA vs LWL, looking for a boat
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 07-23-2017 Thread Starter
Skipper Jer

Re: LOA vs LWL, looking for a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Well a good broker will respond within a day to any emails. If it is the boat in VA on yachtworld then it does look like a lot of boat for the money. Perhaps the broker's email is as bad as his photography skills. Color correction in those photos is abysmal. My biggest concern would be that Thornycraft engine. I believe it is based on a Ford diesel that was never offered here so parts may well be hard to get, and not just expensive (a pain but not always that big of a deal) but could take a long time to get here, as in months. Not bad if you order something as a backup part but you could miss out on a good part of the sailing season waiting on a part. Apparently they are prone to osmosis as well, so be sure to check that out.
Yes the Thornycraft engine is one of my biggest concerns. Didn't know about the osmosis issue. The other concern is ballast, lead or iron? Looking at pictures and seeing the boat might change my opinion of the condition. The other issue (minor) is the amount of equipment she has on board. She can always be equipped but then the sail away price approaches some of the better equipped (yes at a higher price) boats on my list. The other issue (very minor but irritating) is one has to PAY to join the Moody user group. WTF??

Nor'sea 27
Don't re-accommodate me, Bro
And the trees are all keep equal by hatchet, axe and saw...RUSH
I invented a new word today, plagiarism.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome