SailNet Community - View Single Post - Off to visit another long-distance boat this weekend.
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 11-12-2008 Thread Starter
josrulz
Unpaid Intern

Off to visit another long-distance boat this weekend.

Although this refrain is somewhat familiar, it's very theraputic for me to post about it, so I hope you don't mind. My wife and I are off to visit another boat out of our area again this weekend.

As much as we really want "our boat" to show up on the market locally, so far that hasn't materialized. This one is in the northeast, and would probably represent a 7 or 8 day sail home in the spring. Of course, we're in no rush, so the only way we put an offer on this boat is if it's really sweet. But the only way we'll know is if we check it out, right?

For those who don't know, we've put offers on two boats thus far. For the first, the broker turned out to be shady. The second boat we went all the way to survey and found a ton of blisters on the bottom. So back to drawing board we went.

So really, this is just an update. I'll let you know what we find when we get back. We've looked at so many boats already that I don't want to get my hopes up. But it's hard not to hope!
Thanks,
-J

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome