SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baja Ha Ha - Do you Easterner's Care?
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 11-19-2008
camaraderie
moderate?

Hey Vitesse....congrats on the finish and the nice trip! Do you plan to head back north? I understand that is more difficult than the downhill run. How long will you stay put in the Sea of Cortez?

Here on the right coast there is of course the annual ICW migration where several thousand boats transit to warm weather at this time of year using the ICW or perhaps a couple of jumps outside. There are several races to bermuda each spring from newport RI and the Chesapeake...and our own Daniel Goldberg organizes a rally to Bermuda in June from the NY area.
The other major distance rally/race is the Caribbean1500 run the first week of November out to around Bermuda and then down to Tortola which takes about 2 weeks. There is also a race out of St. Pete to the Yucatan...Regata del Sol al Sol ...which takes place each late April. That's about all of the long distance ocean events on the east coast that I can think of. I'm sure others will chime in with more.
We will be interested in your further adventures there AND the trip home so keep us posted!

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome