SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lake Huron and The Marvelous North Channel
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 11-23-2008
geraldartman

I join you in the lack of stuff here. Five years ago I bought 2 acres on the channel in Bruce Mines for a measly $35K USD. 150x700 with deep water access right on my shore and a city marina that costs only $1400 a season for dockage and winter storage combined.

We purchased our first sailboat last year to try the cruise thing. Just an inexpensive Catalina 22. We camped on it for 8 days. Sailed from Bruce Mines to St. Josephs Milvern Bay to Horseshoe Island to Detour and back. We had a great time on our real first sail excursion. We liked everything but the boat being a little small for camping with no separate head.
We solved that by selling it and replacing it with a US 25. That hasn't been in the water for us yet because of a move. But a good move the Michigan's UP. I am now only 2 hours away from Bruce Mines and one hour from Superior or Michigan. Soon spring will be here and I'll be getting her ready for cruising.

Last edited by geraldartman; 11-23-2008 at 11:06 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome