SailNet Community - View Single Post - Snow Load Sinks Boats
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 12-24-2008 Thread Starter
Sequitur
... a logical conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Is the water around your boat actually frozen? Looks that way, but hard to tell as it might be the snow you tossed overboard.

I had 6" or so on my boat last sunday afternoon, checked her tonight, and she was pretty snow free. A bit of rain earlier today, along with it being 33-36 most of the daylight hrs the last two days in Edmonds probably helped.

Marty
Marty,

There are paddies of ice, a cm or two thick from the minus 8 to minus 14 temps we've been having. I haven't seen the salt chuck freeze here in over 25 years. I remember ice in False Creek in the early '80s, when I kept my ketch at Pelican Bay.

Forecast here is for temperatures to remain above freezing after Friday, and to work their way back up to more normal levels. That and the forecast rain should make it worse for some boats, before it gets better.

This deep freeze and snow sure are cramping my sailing style.

Cheers,
Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1908 Wildschut Skūtsje

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sequitur; 12-24-2008 at 09:59 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome