SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any other Seattlites?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 01-04-2009 Thread Starter
findthejake

Once I get a boat I can get mooring at the guest marina here in Poulsbo, at least until summertime. It's just a matter of getting a boat.

So let me lay down some numbers here to help ya'll help me.
I am paying right around 900-1000 a month in rent right. I know it's ridiculous. I moved into a two bedroom with a friend when I moved here in September and he ditched out a few weeks later and I've not filled the other room. It's not killing me to pay it though, and now I am on a month to month so I can bail once I find a home.

The school district I work for, in fact all the school districts, are on very tight budgets. I took a job in September that already had a shut down date of December 31st. They were going to close my pool that day. I was able to turn things around pretty drastically and we are now staying open until at least the end of August. I would really like to be able to find a boat that I could pay off by the end of August. This way if things go south then I still have my boat!

So that comes out to what? 700 or 800 a month x 8 months =5600 to 6400 roughly? I am not sure what insurance costs are but I know a friend has a 36' in the guest marina here and is paying 280/month for the winter.

So that's about what I have to work with!

Ya'll are the greatest!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome