SailNet Community - View Single Post - My old friend...
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 03-04-2009 Thread Starter
Cruisingdad

Putting down a dog is tough!!! Man, I never thought it would be that tough. If you have ever had a dog and they were close to you, you will understand what I mean.

But he lived to be about 15. That is a long time even for a Schnauzer. And that old dog has seen more stuff than most people. He has certianly traveled more places by boat than most. He had a good life - certainly better than what he would have had.

Thanks guys for all the thoughts. We are sad, of course, but we also remember that he lived a long time. Haven't told the kids yet, but they were never that close to Scooter. He came way before they did and always hung with us. By the time they were born, he was beyond "playing" much. Chase... well, no telling how he will take it. We decided not to tell him up front. We dropped the hint to him this morning to give Scooter some extra love, but I am about certain that he did not really understand why.

Anyways, thanks again for all the nice thoughts. We are fine, really. We will always remember pics like these, though, where Scooter would sit and stand for hours staring behind us at the dink.

[IMG][/IMG]

Brian

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome