SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tartan 3500 user/maintenance manual

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  dmac001 
#1 ·
I hope that someone can help. I need the maintenance and user manuals for a 1997 Tartan 3500. I need to know rigging tension, how to rig the reefing and other lines, cordage sizes and lengths, the various procedures for maintenance, haulout, winterizing, etc.

Does anyone have a manual for this boat? Tartan changed the 3500 in about 2004 and so the later manuals are not relevant.

Best regards,

Peter

#5 ·
Hello, Philip,

I would be very appreciative if you could scan and send me any of the pages that pertain to rigging tension, the running rigging including how to rig the shuttle inside the boom, line lengths and sizes, etc. I would really ike to get the whole manual, but that is too much to ask you for.

Thanks for your offer,

Best regards,

Peter

#9 · (Edited)
Gregson,

I have tried to help by sending the pdf I have created for you but find that sailnet does not allow me to send private messages. Nor does it allow of pdf's. Nor visibility of email addresses. Quite a forum. You may want to use tartansailing instead.

I find the assumed hostility level incorporated into the organization of Sailnet a touch off-putting.

My e-mail address is philip at philiprobertsmodels.com. I will not be using this forum again.

Philip

#12 ·
manuals still available...

I have a manual for a 1997 Tartan 3500. The manual isn't very good because a great deal of information on tuning and performance measurement for the boat and engine are missing. However, it does provide information on some aspects of the boat that I have found valuable.

Do you want it? If so, send me an e-mail address to which I can e-mail the two files.

Best regards,

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.