SailNet Community - View Single Post - Novice sailor needs help identifying boat
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-16-2010 Thread Starter
SixberryCabin
Novice

Send a message via Yahoo to SixberryCabin
Novice sailor needs help identifying boat

Last year, I decided to buy a small day sailer and take some lessons from the local yacht club. I bought the sailboat via craigslist, and the seller had refurbished the entire boat. He thought the boat was a Chrysler Dagger 1977 vintage, but after some research I do not believe this is accurate.

I have not been able to find the right make and model for the marking on my mainsail, nor have I found any hulls which look like mine. I have searched diligently, but cannot find a hull id. The boat is still in winter storage, so I am unable to provide any true dimensions, but I do have some pictures I will attempt to attach.

Details of the boat: It is fiberglass, and it's mast (19' I think) has no shrouds and when it is removed from the boat it can be separated into 2 pieces. The mainsail is not hoisted by a halyard, but has a sleeve into which the mast slides.
2/3 of the way up the mast is a block for the jib halyard. (Forgive my jargon if it is incorrect).
It has a hatch in the stern of the boat, with a loose-fitting cover. It has a daggerboard made from marine plywood, and the rudder from the same material.
It can seat 2-3 people comfortably with built-in benches in the hull.

Last edited by SixberryCabin; 03-16-2010 at 03:20 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome