SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tax when buying in Florida foe export.
View Single Post
post #15 of Old 07-06-2010 Thread Starter
rustyrusty

Thanks for the info I am waiting for the office to open Tuesday night here. No wonder you have to gey rip off so much tax you are allways on holliday!! The problem is the document person in Florida insists that I have to pay tax. The owner isnt sure the shipper said no one has paid tax yet and the information on the net indicates that I will be due tax. I will get a bill of sale and a discharge or the loan. The added problem is the ship now wants to load early so I will miss this one and the next will be 3 weeks after I leave cant change my plans easy. So I will have a boat sitting in a marina in West Palm Beach cosying me money and liable for Tax?? if this is correct it looks to me like tax is due if they catch you. and the shippers dont get caught or they get exemptions from brokers Im not going to take the risk. And did I mention i cant get any insurance on the boat as well while it is sitting there. I have another option that is to take it to Savannah they ship from there that gets it out of Florida the great tax on Tax state. What sort of a trip would Palm coast to Savannah be dosent look much further. Anyway thanks for your input Ill take all your advise on board and let you know how we get on.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome