SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Female Sailing Partners

15K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  Padeen2 
#1 ·
:) Does anyone have suggestions on where a person might look online in order to find females with boats that are looking for male sailing partners? My boat is being sold so I will be looking for someone to sail with. Location is not a major factor.............. new destinations can be nice.

#9 ·
I suppose you are looking for a nice stern, not too broad in the beam, and big lockers, right?

#10 ·
I suppose you are looking for a nice stern, not too broad in the beam, and big lockers, right?

#11 ·
The singles sailing club is a little far for me to go from Tampa Bay to Michigan. Like their choice of music, though.

Hi, Scott. Hope all is well with the family.

So, am I the only one who has nothing better to do on Christmas Eve morning?

#13 ·
Depends on where you are...

In Boston, there is a sailing club that is designed to provide the opportunity to bring owners in need of crew together with sailors in need of boats. Check out Pelagic Sailing Club. I know of several female boat owners that belong to the club because they need competent crew. I am sure that there are similar organizations in other places.

Of course, you could always try posting to sailnet.:rolleyes: However, be prepared to be treated as you deserve to be treated;). This guy tried it, and we haven't heard back from him since:D.

#16 ·
my wife died in july. several weeks ago i went to senior people meet .com and singles net i found several who would like to sail with me. i didn't try any sailing singles sites bill c

#17 ·
Difficult Time

I also have lost a wife although it was nearly 20 years ago. It's got to be a difficult time for you. You may be different; however, generally it takes a year and a half or two for a man to recover from the emotional trauma of it all. I found that I missed the emotional intimacy but did not realize that I just was not available because it was too painful to be close. I cannot say what to do as I just muddled through myself. There is probably something better than what I did. Women tend to do better with widow hood than men probably because they have better social networks for support. Some societies will increase a man's social contacts when he is newly widowed, but not ours.

#18 · (Edited)
You could try Find a Crew™.

CLICKY

It is not another free network! But it is free to register, search, list your profile, and send waves to check the waters first

It has a number of female skippers looking for crew.

N.B. Although feedback from members who use the service is encouraged, negative feedback is not allowed so you sometimes have to read between the lines on feedback.

#21 ·
Finding a sailing partner.

You must get creative here. Craigs List. Now listen up. You put an add in.
State that you are, say, forty five and tired of the same old, same old.
Tired of women ONLY desirous of susual activity and playing the "field."
YOU want someone to share your wealth, Masserati, and Spannish villa,
and whatever else you can bring to the table.
If she sails her own sloop, so much the better.
Just wait till the web crashes.

#23 ·
I don't see what the big deal is. I've had a few female sailing partners and one female crew for racing. I just asked around. I'm not particularly handsome or charming, just a regular guy.

The ladies were outstanding though.

#24 ·
Lake Superior Geezer --- my wife had severe dementia & was incontinent. it was very difficult for a long time. she finally became so weak i had to lift her out of bed & onto the wheel chair . near the end i had to hold her head up to feed her . she died in bed with me by her side july 13th. it was difficult for several months for me after she died, but i was expecting it for a long time, so you can see why i went to seniorpeoplemeet.com in november for a sailing companion. bill carlson

#27 ·
Seems to me that any woman with a boat would already be taken.. :)
Or would be the kind of person that is not really looking to be "taken"..
If only there were such a mythical woman.. I can see the ad already:

"Beautiful, independent, sailing woman with Beneteau 43' yacht, looking to share quiet times in the islands with boy-toy"..

But, of course, she'd have her choice and I would not be on the top of the list.. :-(

#29 ·
"Beautiful, independent, sailing woman with Beneteau 43' yacht, looking to share quiet times in the islands with boy-toy"..

But, of course, she'd have her choice and I would not be on the top of the list.. :-(
:D ;) I never sail my boat when dressed in black leather and stilettos.. although they do help me see over the cabin roof better :D :eek: :laugher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.