SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keel modification
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 05-09-2011 Thread Starter
Kwasiemoto

Well my new keel project is mostly done. I still need to see how the boat performs differently under sail. Still working on getting the rig put together, then out for a test sail. So Far in just motoring back to my home slip I noticed a positive difference in the way she stays on course. She needs less attention to keep on course.
This last haul out lasted about 4 months, and involved areas of work I had no experience, and few people to call on for answers about how to do it. I would get as much info as I could, and when I got conflicting bits of info I would ask Don Holland, the owner at Cabrillo Boat Shop, and he would have a clear reasonable answer.
I mean he has been at this line of work for 30 years or better, and he does have a vested interest in the costomer's positive out come.
My project involved work out of Cabrillo Boat's yard, Don made allowances. It took a lot of cordinating. Don helped me on weekends, and persuaded me several times not to take any short cuts, noteing the importance it was to me to have it done right. After months out of water, and other things needing my attention, that encouragment was very suportive.
This keel replacment, mast re build project was an exspensive undertaking for me, it was not a project without problems, and challenges. I am very greatful I have a boat yard I can depend on. Thanks to you Don, Sons and crew at Cabrillo Boat Shop. It came out great.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome