SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2 7.9
Thread: S2 7.9
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 08-09-2006 Thread Starter
mikehoyt

Thanks Guys

I was looking on Yachtworld last evening and agree the interior leaves a lot to be desired. Funny they would not spend the little bit more effort to make it nice.

Lately we have been racing rather than cruising and spend very little time inside the cabin. From the outside the S2 7.9 looks pretty, appears to sail very well and yet is trailer launchable. If I were looking for a trailerable boat capable of the occasional overnight I would certainly consider this one.

With the centerboard boat how does it achieve stability though? Saturday we were out in over 20 knots with 5 foot choppy swells racing with spinnakers and upwind and yet this boat sailed like a very fast keelboat. I would have thought it unballasted and therefore less seaworthy than a keel boat.

I have seen the old Mac 25s, the Chrysler 26 and newer Mac 26 boats and always thought that the trailerability led to unacceptable compromises. Yet with this boat it looks like a sailboat with a sturdy rig, nice lines and very good performance.

It is an intriguing boat and with a decent interior would be my first choice ina 26 foot racer/cruiser.

Mike

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome