SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Wisconsin
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-06-2011 Thread Starter
surfnsail

Hello from Wisconsin

Hey fellow sailors. I have been reading this forum for several months and have had countless questions answered and new knowledge gained. So, first of all, thanks to all the posters who have asked and answered questions. My knowledge of sailing has rapidly taken off after reading this forum.

I am in my mid-30's and just got into sailing a few years ago when my ex father-in-law took me sailing on Lake Michigan from Racine, WI to Milwaukee on a 33' cruiser. Since then, I've joined the UW's sailing club, Hoofers, and have been sailing at least 20 or more times this summer on various boats, from dinghys to our cruising keelboats.

Needless to say, I am addicted, and whenever I go to a new city with a marina, I'll often walk around and talk to the people I meet on the piers. This is one of the best ways I have found to meet other sailors and also to look for crewing opportunities or boats for sale.

I am now glad to be a part of this community at SailNet. I wish you all good travels, and I'm sure I will cross paths with some of you eventually.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome