SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Baba 30

18K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  danf 
#1 ·
I'm going to check out a Baba 30 for sale, am I nuts?
Anyone with direct experience owning a Baba 30?
Lots of teak :eek:?
Volvo diesel :eek:?
More teak :confused:?
Lots of new gear though: running rigging, standing rigging, newer sails, alum. spars , new fuel and water tanks, some other gack!

What can you tell me, pro and con about these little gals?
Any advice, opinions, stories appreciated
c

#2 ·
Chuck:
I hope you like sanding and varnishing.
The Baba 30 will surprise you with its performance. It sails quite well.
There were some early problems with engine mounts but I would asume that time has cured that on this boat.

A bricklayer from Baltimore did a single handed circumnavigation on his.

#3 · (Edited)
Chuck,
There's a bloke over at Cruising Anarchy by the name of 'Sonadora' who owns a B30 which he is currently restoring. Worthwhile visiting the thread.

Hey Mr Perry .... fellow with the same name as yours designed the Baba. You any relation ? :p:):p

Seriously though they are lovely boats. The B40 PH was high on our list of desirables.

#8 ·
.... you cant really go wrong with a Baba 30.....always going to hold its resale value. Consider
a Tashiba 31 if you can find one in your area and price range. A little stiffer boat, and a little
faster. Nows the chance to beat down the price....economy is bad , etc. etc. = )

happy sailing

tom3215

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.